Travelling! It has different connotations for different people. For some, it is for work, for others, leisure and for some, emergencies. Let’s look at key aspects of travelling.
Increase in travel: It has been observed that there has been an increase in travel over the years.
Reasons can be sited as below;
- Technological advancement: Due to relevant and required information being easily available on the internet, people are exposed to a wider and varied span of travel. In addition, online bookings only further their scope of travelling and hence a rise in travel.
- Better standard of living: As a result of rise in income of middle class, people want to enjoy life by exploring varied places through travelling.
- Early retirement: In current times, people seem to be retiring at an average age of 55 years, which gives them enough time to travel.
- Convenience of travelling: Due to faster and easier means of transportation, people can travel conveniently over the weekend in lesser time.
- Propensity to take short and regular trips: People, many a times, are opting for shorter and frequent trips, as it seems economical and less time consuming.
- Rise in advertising: Nowadays, Governments have realized that tourism is not only a driver of economic growth, but also, increases the social and cultural awareness among people, which entice them to travel.
- Tourism expansion: Heritage and ecotourism throws light on tourist attractions, which increase travelling scope.
Benefits of travelling:
Along with economic growth for a country, the people benefit as below;
- Gives a break from routine which helps in making the mind fresh, thus helping in better health.
- Widens your horizons by exposing you to varied and different ways of living, different cultures and different cuisine.
- Exposure to variety of visual heritage, monuments and culture, which broadens your knowledge and improves your skill, sets as well.
- Creativity enhancement: One of the key advantages of travelling is that it takes you out of your comfort zone as new visuals create new stimuli and energizes your senses.
- Confidence boost: Travelling, besides being fun-filled, encompasses certain roadblocks as well, which forces you to be resourceful and face those challenges, in turn, teaching you to cope with hindrances.
- Realizing yourself: Travelling at times, makes you realize your own potential, your likes and dislikes and helps you in identifying your strengths and weaknesses.
- When you travel, you make memories out of your personal experiences and at a later date marinate in those experiences, reliving them.
- Travelling introduces you to new people, at times even have a connection with them and sometimes make life-long friends.
On the whole, travelling is not only beneficial to the government for economic growth, but also for individual personality and prosperity.